Laura-Marie Marciano (remember this name)

Friday, March 27, 2009

no doubt

I remember when California was a place where
all of my favorite teen novels took place.

A far off fantasy land that I have still never been to.

And because of prior commitments, my roommate
Eileen and I's dreams of catching our childhood favorite
band of all times ever No Doubt, in their home state,
has been crushed.

But we do have tickets, to see them in the heartland of America.
This is interesting. From a sociological standpoint, and I am actually
beaming with the idea of seeing middle America rock out, from the
city dwellers to the farm kids all under one hot sun.

I imagine it will take be back to my free concert days, pre-teens,
dead heads, pseudo goths, closet queens, bubble gum chewers,
slanted edge cheerleaders, wilde colors on their lips, hair, chests,
tounges....

No Doubt-July 2nd


Gwen---I'll be seeing you sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooon :)

No comments: